Thursday, July 26, 2007

Creativity And Inspiration

In a recent article, I read, "Creativity is the buzzword in many a modern boardroom, yet some in business still complain that too many newly minted MBAs are competent but uninspired, well-versed in the technical theory but lacking in imagination."

While growing up, I was always looking for new projects. My mother encouraged me to make Christmas gifts for the relatives every year. It was challenging and fun and exposed me to a whole new world of creativity and innovation.

In ninth grade, I started going to the Baum School of Art, where I was encouraged to try new avenues for my inventive mind. Later, I majored in art education at Kutztown University. I was challenged yet delighted with every new medium I tried. This experience opened so many new inspired paths that I continue to pursue throughout my professional and personal life.

I have found inspiration in my travels to choose new techniques for expressing my own unique designs. My paintings on wood, the felt designs, stained glass, and needlework all came from my drawings. Some of the needlework seemed so flat and boring; however, I made the canvas come alive with my own inventiveness and imagination.

I love teaching art and interacting with children. I inspired my own children to express themselves in their own unique ways. Being creative affects the emotions of the heart and allows us to dream. I have no time for TV: I'm a doer, not a watcher. Day-to-day routines become monotonous, almost depressing; however, new challenges fill me with energy, making me rise and shine!

Whether you find inspiration through art or from this beautiful world we live in, remember to share it with those around you and those you love. My mind is always creating new ventures for my hands and my heart. I love and embrace life and all of its creativity and inspiration. And, most importantly, creative energy will help you to be healthier and happier.

By Ardath Rodale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home